Pet passports and chipping


A passport is an official document entitled to travel with your pet within the European Union. It is issued to every person residing in the territory of the Republic of Poland.
At our Clinic, passports are issued on-site prior the registration. They are designed for three animal species: dog, cat and ferret.

What is necessary to get a passport?

The animal must be chipped. Other forms of marking are not allowed. Don’t worry if your pet doesn’t have a chip!
We can do chipping during one visit along with issuing a passport.


It is the insertion of an implant, i.e. a chip, with a unique coded number under the skin.
The chip is permanently inserted into the skin fold on the left side of the neck following applicable EU law.
The procedure is straightforward and only takes a few seconds.


Moving between countries with a pet requires the fulfilment of several medical and veterinary procedures.
Each country may have its own regulations, even within the European Union member states! Therefore, before travelling, check what requirements animals have in the country of your destination journey and all the countries you will be going through.

  • Vaccination against rabies.
    According to Polish law, each dog must be vaccinated against this infectious disease once a year; please remember that the frequency of vaccination varies from country to country.

    When leaving Poland, the transported animal must have a valid rabies vaccination.
    This means that on the day of vaccination, the animal’s marking has been confirmed (read of the chip), or on that day, we chip the patient (mark).
    There was a break in the case of the pet’s first vaccination or between the dates of the scheduled booster doses. This vaccination becomes valid only after 21 days.

  • Deworming /parasitic prophylaxis
    Certain countries in the area of the European Union require the transported animal to be dewormed with pharmaceuticals with a specific spectrum of action, e.g. administration of a practice combating the tapeworm hydatid 48 to 24 hours before crossing the border.
  • Medical certificate
    Many countries also require a certificate of good health condition.
    A veterinarian issues it. Do not hesitate to contact a doctor or a relevant official unit (District Veterinary Inspectorate) to get information.

Before going on a trip with your beloved pet, it is worth checking all the requirements issued by the country we want to visit.
Such information can be obtained from the General Veterinary Inspectorate (phone + 48 22 623 2089 or on the website: towarzyszacymi) or at the Embassy of the destination country.


Przychodnia weterynaryjna

Warszawa, Rondo Waszyngtona 2a




O nas



© 2023 Saskavet